WORDPRESS STACK UP
WordPress (WP, WordPress.org) is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) written in PHP and paired with a MySQL or MariaDB database. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system, referred to within WordPress as Themes. WordPress was originally created as a blog-publishing system but has evolved to support other types of web content including more traditional mailing lists and forums, media galleries, membership sites, learning management systems (LMS) and online stores. WordPress is used by more than 60 million websites, including 33.6% of the top 10 million websites as of April 2019,WordPress is one of the most popular content management system solutions in use. WordPress has also been used for other application domains such as pervasive display systems (PDS).
WordPress was released on May 27, 2003, by its founders, American developer Matt Mullenweg and English developer Mike Little, as a fork of b2/cafelog. The software is released under the GPLv2 (or later) license.
To function, WordPress has to be installed on a web server, either part of an Internet hosting service like WordPress.com or a computer running the software package WordPress.org in order to serve as a network host in its own right. A local computer may be used for single-user testing and learning purposes.
USES OF WORDPRESS
- To start a blog
- To build a business website
- To build a portfolio
- To build an Online Store
- And many more.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR CREATING A WEBSITE IN WORD PRESS
- Find a domain name for your website(E.G www.Tclassified.com)
- Sign on for web hosting, call this number to get one +2347067162698
- or install locally using XAMPP
- Download Word press from http://www.wordpress.org
- Upload WordPress to hosting account.
- Create A MySql database
- Add users to the Database.
- Complete the task of filling up database then user name and password.
- Complete installation.
DETAIL ON HOW TO INSTALL AND RUN WORDPRESS ON YOUR SYSTEM
- First, you need to install a localhost, which we are going to be using the XAMPP localhost, you can download it from http://www.xampp.org.
- After that, you will run the installation of the XAMPP localhost on your system, Then start the APACHE and MySQL server, to be able to run your website on your local host.
- You will also download the WordPress Zip file from http://www.wordpress.org
- After downloading it, you will need to extract the wordpress file by right clicking on the zip file and clicking on extract all.
- You will have to copy the extracted file and go to your THIS PC,double click on it,then you’ll see a XAMPP folder, you’ll also double click on it, then you’ll see a folder named HT DOCS, you’ll double click on it and paste the extracted wordpress folder there.
- Rename the pasted folder, to your desired wordpress name.
- Then go to your browser and type in localhost, if your XAMPP is started, you’ll see a page,then click on PHPMYADMIN, and click on databases.
- Then input the name you used to rename the extracted wordpress file, then click on create database.
- Then you type localhost/(the name of your database),click on wordpress.
- run the installation by entering the database name, the user name is root, do not input password, then click on next.
- Input your Site details and continue, then you’ll input your username and password to log in.